Friday, January 18, 2008

New Year, New Studio

After some heart wrenching deliberation, I decided to give up my studio at La Grande Princesse in favor of a home studio, one to which I go on a dime. Bob made a floor plan of our one-bedroom apartment to see if it would be feasible to move my 4' X 8' work table into a nook in our living room.
We discovered that it was possible if we got rid of our unused futon. We did, and I moved into that nook by the window, and in the process we rearranged our furniture such that the apartment actually looks more spacious!

The table fit perfectly, my fabrics fit under the table, and a couple of book cases were employed to house my quilting paraphernalia. We put up a design wall (foam covered with felt, nailed in place under a 1" X 3" board), and voila! Instant studio!

Oh, and I get a fabulous view to boot!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CONNIE W said...

What a lovely place to spend one's time, a gorgeous view. Looks really great!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

This post prompted me to look again at your gallery of quilts. They are so lovely! I hope your new arrangement inspires you to even more beautiful work.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home