Thursday, October 14, 2010

Artful Prayer Flags and Mindful Meditation Gardens

Watching a string of Buddhist prayer flags flutter in the wind gave me the idea of creating my own prayer flags. And then I met JoAnn Jones who makes Mindful Meditation Gardens from bamboo containers, and I thought, wouldn't it be awesome to have a joint exhibit? And so the exhibit Artful Prayer Flags and Mindful Meditation Gardens was born.

If you're on island on Saturday, October 30, stop by the Fort in Frederiksted. We'll be there from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Opening Reception. The exhibit runs until December 1.

Meanwhile, my studio is rocking with creativity as I explore the idea of prayer as form. Here's the scene:




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy Warner said...

Sorry that I can't see your exhibit. It sounds like it would be beautiful. Take some photos if you can.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home