Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Calypso

She was named long before she actually came into my life, when I first fell in love with the name and decided that if I ever had a cat, I'd name her Calypso. When she did arrive, she lived up to her name, graceful as the flower, beautiful as the nymph and spunky as the music. She was opinionated, letting me know in no uncertain terms how she despised human food. We bickered at times, but always made up by bedtime when she made it her job to tuck us into bed and purr us to sleep. There is no better lullaby.

A week ago we had to say good bye. My hand still reaches out to touch her silky fur or squeeze her fluffy paws, and my heart has a gaping hole. But I imagine that she's frolicking in heaven with her brother Hercules, while gently trying to remind me that in love there is no separation.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Our deepest, deepest sympathies for your loss. So sad to lose a beloved friend and animal.

-Louise & Sean

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In love there is no separation" nicely put.

Omar

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a cat for 18 years that was my best friend. My heart still aches for her but I know now she is forever young and no longer in pain. My prayers are with you.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home