Friday, February 02, 2007

The All-Consuming Quilt

When I said that I planned to hibernate at the studio for the winter I didn't realize the extent to which this idea was going to be true. Now that our visitors are gone, I've been spending every day, all day at the studio. I've managed to squeeze in cooking dinner every night and I've kept up our daily morning walks with Bob, but there is little time or energy left for anything else. This is because the last quilt I began, the one about the corals, has turned into a massive project, both in size and scope. And I'm so excited about it that I simply cannot leave it out of the upcoming exhibit at Good Hope. So I'm working as fast as I can to finish it in time. I'm tired physically from leaning over the sewing machine for hours at a time. And the mental and emotional effort it takes to stay focused is all-consuming. I'll post pictures when it's complete. And when it is all finished (the quilt and the exhibit) I'm going to take a mini-vacation on the beach, under a palm tree, reading one of the novels from a pile currently sitting unnoticed in a corner of our apartment.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home