Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Olga and Jellyfish


Here's a photo of me (seated) and Olga at the studio. Olga took the picture because she's been telling her sister about her work with me, but it's pretty hard to describe it if you've never seen an art quilt before. A picture being worth a thousand words applies here.

On the other hand, I've found that pictures of quilts never do justice to the real thing. There's something powerful about being up close to the fabric and the quilting patterns, and the quality of light on the colors that creates the experience of enjoying an art quilt. These things get lost in the photos somehow. Having said that, below is a photo of the jellyfish quilt that I've been working on. There is some hand stitching still to be done on the border and Olga is helping me with that.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to finally see your picture on your blog (and to meet Olga). Not that I forget what you look like, but it's nice to be reminded.

The quilt is beautiful!! I agree that a photo can't do it justice, but even so, I can see that the colors are perfect, the design is really cool, and the stitching is painstakingly done. Great job!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home