Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Big Exhale

Today I gave myself the pleasure of sleeping in, having a slow morning and cooking a hot lunch. It feels utterly luxurious to be doing this after weeks of working under pressure of a deadline, but I'm happy to say I've done it!

I finished the big quilt and everything else that I had to complete for the Good Hope School Art Exhibit. Yesterday Bob and I hung the quilts at the exhibit hall and in the afternoon I finished sewing the last of the mini wallets to be sold at the gift shop. Last night when I left the studio I declared myself on vacation.

This afternoon Olga and I will drive to the school to deliver the mini wallets and then we'll head over to Frederiksted (just a few minutes away from the school) to enjoy a celebratory drink. She's been sacrificing her own free time to help me and I'm eternally grateful for her support and her good company.

Tomorrow night is the opening reception. Bob and I will be there to celebrate. For those of you who can't join us, here's a peek at the big quilt, officially titled "Poseidon's Garden." I'll be posting more photos of the exhibit, etc. in the coming days.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just about to ask if you were alive :-). So glad to see you are!

That quilt is just gorgeous. Really beautiful, Jamila. I love the colors and the movement it conveys.

Congratulations on achieving your goals. Now wasn't that fun??

Enjoy your celebration (and the show).

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of luck with the big opening. I wish I could be there - by the way, this quilt looks absolutely beautiful!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jamila.

Well, job well done! It looks like a lot of work but the results are impresive. I really like the quilt a lot and I want to see more pictures of the exhibit.

Congratulations!

Maria Rhine.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jamila,

Beautiful quilt! I'm anxious to hear how the exhibit is going. liliana

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home