Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hoo Doo Cats and Mt Victory Drumming

The Hoo Doo Cats, a rockabilly band, is on island this weekend and last night we went to see them at Chicken Charley's Road House. The drummer was also the singer and it took me a while to figure out that he looks and sings just like the lead singer from The Fabulous Thunderbirds. They have a very fun sound but everyone last night was shy about dancing, including me.

Today I'm heading over to Mt. Victory Camp for an afternoon of drumming and sipping the Haitian Herbal Rum Blend Jouk li Jou, made by co-owner and Hatian native Mathilde. Our friend Kim is coming with me and afterwards we plan to go for a swim at Rainbow beach where the Hoo Doo Cats are playing this afternoon. Maybe after a couple of sips of Jouk li Jou I'll be finally ready for some rockabilly dancing.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home