Monday, February 19, 2007

Good Hope Exhibit

Last Friday night we attended the opening reception for the Good Hope Art Exhibit. It was a new experience for me as this was my very first exhibit. We arrived to a line that snaked out the door, and inside the place was packed. A fellow exhibiter had told me earlier that she found it agonizing to have her art out on display for critique. "You're bearing your soul!"

For me, the experience was more abstract. I felt detached from my work. It was as if the act of hanging them up for display released any attachments I had to these pieces. What I kept was the excitement I felt when I created them; the pleasure of hours at the studio immersed in my work while listening to great music or a fine audible book.

I did receive very encouraging feedback from the audience. But for me, the most rewarding feedback was when the director of the program told me that my quilts were a big hit with the Good Hope students. I love it that the kids got it, so next year I'll be doing a demo for the kids, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.

Here's a picture of the exhibit space:

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger movingtostcroix said...

I'm so happy for you that the exhibit went well. You worked so hard - you deserve it. The quilts turned out beautiful. I loved the coral reef quilt. It makes me feel like I'm there!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home