Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lizard Love?

The other day I happened upon this sight on the railing outside our apartment door. I rushed to get my camera and the little guys were still locked in what looked to me like a lizard version of a torrid French kiss.
Their eyes swiveled towards me when I approached ever so slowly and took my photos. They didn't move for a solid five minutes as I snapped away, flash and all, admiring all the while the interesting pattern they created with their bodies and tails.

In an instant they released, and for a minute they stood facing each other panting and flushed. Then each went their own way and I was left wondering, what the heck?

Pragmatic John B. says they were fighting, but the dreamer in me wants to believe that I witnessed a courtship of the most romantic order.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home