Saturday, March 10, 2007

Art in Bloom!

Last night was the opening reception for the Flower and Fine Art Festival at the St. George Botanical Garden and I was happy to be there for my second exhibit. For this show I created 2 new pieces with a botanical theme: Century at Sunset and Unfurling (check them out at my new website: www.calypsoartquilts.com).

But what really made my heart sing last night was my participation in the Art in Bloom exhibit. Here floral designers interpret the work of select artists. My big quilt, Poseidon's Garden was interpreted by Beatrice Ramos, owner of Wild Orchid. There was another fabric piece by my friend Cindy Male and interpreted by Carole Pappas. There was also work by the late Maria Henle, interpreted by David Hamada (Horticultural Director at the Botanical Garden). And Judy Smith interpreted her own work. Here are pictures (in the order just mentioned) of the Art in Bloom exhibit:


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home